Dental bonding is perhaps the niftiest way to have the color, size, shape, alignment or health of teeth improved in a manner that both you and your pocket are going to love. It involves the application of a composite resin, which has the same color as natural healthy teeth, on the dentine being treated. A beam of ultraviolet light is used to harden the resin, which causes a “bonding” between the plastic resin and tooth, producing the desired result.
As you may have guesses by now, dental bonding is the easiest and the cheapest of all dental cosmetic surgeries. What's better is that it has an array of other advantages as well.
Dental bonding is:
– You can have the entire dental bonding procedure done in one visit to the doctor, especially if one or two teeth are involved only. On an average, bonding takes between 30 and 60 minutes, per tooth.
2. More holistic
– Bonding leaves a large portion of your natural teeth enamel intact. Only a small amount is removed to place the resin. Other procedures such as veneers and crowns are rather destructive of natural teeth structure in comparison.
– Dental bonding procedures do not require the administration of anesthesia and are a great option for patients who do not feel comfortable with anesthetics. Only the filling of cavities with bonding needs anesthesia.
4. Long lasting
– When done by a trained professional and maintained properly, dental bonding may last up to 10 years without the need for any touch-up or replacement.
5. Hassle-free maintenance
– Teeth with dental bonding are relatively easy to maintain. They do not need any special care except, the observation of good oral and dental hygiene.
Greencastle Dentistry specializes in dental bonding procedures to:
- Whiten teeth that have discolored or become yellow
- Change the shape/size of teeth (make them look longer, or shorter)
- Fill gaps in between two teeth
- Correct alignment
- Repair decayed, chipped or cracked teeth
- Fill cavities
- Improve overall appearance of dentine
Your teeth affect the way you look and smile, which in turn, affects the way you think and feel about yourself. Our experts understand this and go all out in ensuring you get comprehensive dental care at our facility.
Our experts use shade guides to find the exact match of resin color and your natural teeth. Further, after the bonding is complete, the dentists here at Greencastle Dentistry trim and shape the resin, even polish it if you want, for better look and shine of your repaired teeth. Satisfaction comes to us, only after we know you're satisfied. Ask hundreds of our satisfied patients and they'll tell you the same.
Give us a call to learn more or schedule an appointment. Let's make you happy, healthy and confident today!